XOrg 6.8.0 (gentoo) + NVidia binary, firefox crash

Hagbard Celine footourist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 01:55:29 PST 2004

Hello,

I've a machine running gentoo with the latest XOrg ebuild. I've
recently purchased an FX5700 and installed nvidia binary drivers; I
noticed this strange behaviour: when I try to do certain operation
with firefox, such as create a new profile from the -ProfileManager
startup, the X server crashes (caught signal 11, that's all it writes
on the log).

So far the only application that trigger this kind of crashes is
firefox. I've tried with 6111 and 6629, with and without nvagp (I've
an i865 based mobo), with and without composite, with and without
render accel, with and without glx. The behaviour is always the same.

If I use the vesa driver it doesn't crash, as well as if I use the
i865 graphics on board.

Someone else noticed similiar things?

--
---