xf86CheckBeta() and friends

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Fri Nov 12 04:16:05 PST 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 01:08:17PM +0100, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
> I would guess that at least xf86Version.h/xf86GetVersion() perhaps is
> being used in unified binary drivers (like NVidia's, ATI's) for X.org
> and XFree86.

Um yeah, sure, but we're talking about xf86CheckBeta():
      fprintf(m, "             This is a beta version of X.\n\n");
      fprintf(m, " This binary may be redistributed providing it is not"
                 " modified in any way.\n\n");
      fprintf(m, " Please send success and problem reports to"
[...]
  if (expired)
    exit(1);

That sort of thing.  The xf86CheckBeta() call should be removed, and
indeed, the entire xf86Beta.c file.

Does anyone actually care if I do this in HEAD?

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>