Xorg startup process in source code tree???

Anton Markov anton at truxtar.com
Thu Nov 11 19:15:33 PST 2004

Sergei Mutovkin wrote:
> can anyone please tell me where i can find in the source tree place
> which loads X?
> 2. I want to disable probing of different video modes that I see in
> .log files. Initially I have X flickering at least twice during
> startup and it is unacceptable for our device. I want to figure out
> how to start X at preset resolution and consider it as the only choice
> (I'm using vesa driver, as savage driver is even worse).
You should be able to control this in your xorg.conf file and the
modline settings. Try setting the vertical/horizontal refresh rates
manually to disable DDC.

> 3. Disable default ungly pointer, looks like X, and load different
> default pointer theme...

You should put your preferred theme in ~/.icons/default/ and X will load
that.

--
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

*** LINUX - MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU! ***