3D rendering with radeon on X.org-6.8.1

Andras Lorincz andras.lorincz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 05:43:58 PST 2004

I've compiled X.org with source from the latest cvs as documented on:

http://www.freedesktop.org/XOrg/CvsPage

I've also applied the patch from bug #1559, comment #29. Nothing wrong
and X starts, tv-in works on my AIW and dri is loaded as Xorg.0.log
says, but this problem I have:

 - if I try to start tuxracer or try to launch glxinfo, the following
message appears:
"glxinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libXxf86vm.so.1:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". I looked
in /usr/X11R6/ (which is a link to /opt/Xorg-6.8) and there is
libXxf86vm.so.1 in the lib directory.

I would appreciate some help.