DRI: libGL warning: driver not supporting visuals

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Nov 10 16:51:39 PST 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 18:37, Ian Romanick wrote:
> > However, the server's logfile did suggest that direct rendering was
> > enabled.
> >
> > One more question: DRI-people suggested to install libglide3.so, since
> > libglide*.so is missing on my system. Could that missing library lead to
> > the oddly emitted warnings? (I could not find any missing reference of
> > the dynamic loader to that library, but the troubleshooting-guide of DRI
> > states that library is necessary.)
>
> I don't know.  I'm not much of a 3dfx / glide expert. :(

If the tdfx driver can't find the glide library, it'll disable direct
rendering.  The warnings... who knows.  I thought I'd squashed all those in
tdfx when we converted the drivers to the new interface, but apparently I'm
wrong.

I'll swap my voodoo5 back in sometime soon and knock those warnings off.
They're harmless, but they're certainly obnoxious.

- ajax