DRI: libGL warning: driver not supporting visuals

Martin Weißenborn martin.weissenborn at t-online.de
Wed Nov 10 13:54:51 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 12:46:42PM -0800, Ian Romanick wrote:
> Could you post (or post a link to) the output of 'LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
> glxinfo'?  It should only be able to get to the code where those
> warnings can be emitted if direct rendering is enabled.  This is odd.
---end quoted text---

I can post debug information when Xorg is recompiled. In the meantime I
tried stock XFree86-4.4.0 which locks up my machine with a blanked
screen on `glxinfo'.

However, the server's logfile did suggest that direct rendering was
enabled.

One more question: DRI-people suggested to install libglide3.so, since
libglide*.so is missing on my system. Could that missing library lead to
the oddly emitted warnings? (I could not find any missing reference of
the dynamic loader to that library, but the troubleshooting-guide of DRI
states that library is necessary.)