Radeon 9200 hangs: How to debug?

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Wed Nov 10 01:05:16 PST 2004

Hi,

(repost, due to new mail address subscription)

Michel Dänzer wrote:

>>Should I perhaps start turning off features until the system becomes
>>stable?  You can see in the log that I have quite a few
>>modules/extensions loaded, including dbe, XVideo, glx, dri, drm,
>>RENDER, COMPOSITE, etc.
>

> It's likely related to the DRI, possibly RENDER and/or COMPOSITE.

Running various Apple hardware here, I found some Radeon mobility
variants show these hard freezes when RenderAccel is enabled.

Afaiks the last working one is:

Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]

All the 9xxx based ones freeze from time to time with 6.8.x and RenderAccel.

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             +49 (0)30  255 897 45