Multibuffer extension gone

Tue Nov 9 16:59:53 PST 2004

Sebastien wrote:
> After failing to use the DBE (double buffer extension) I tried my luck
> with the Multibuffer extension. This works on Solaris and other kinds
> of unix but not for Xorg anymore as the extension is no longer be
> available. Why was it be removed? Can MBE be restored?

Looks like Multibuffer was obsoleted/replaced by DBE:
   The Multi-Buffering extension described here was a draft standard of the
   X Consortium prior to Release 6.1.  It has been superseded by the Double
   Buffer Extension (DBE).  DBE is an X Consortium Standard as of Release 6.1.

Solaris carries around a lot of old extensions in the name of preserving
backwards compatibility.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com