Xgl server

Shrijeet Mukherjee shm at sgi.com
Mon Nov 8 10:59:50 PST 2004

> I would really like to encourage more people to help design and code a
> set of video drivers capable of supporting mesa-solo and XGL. I'm only
> about 5% of the way through this problem and I use all the help and I
> can get. There are many more aspects to this this design that I can
> explain further if people are interested.

Hi Jon,

Sending this initial note to you personally, since I am still lurking on
the X.org lists :-)

I am definitely very interested in the aspects of multihead and
faster/cleaner integration of h/w accelerated rendering for 2D and 3D.
At SGI all our machines are multihead always and we have had numerous
issues with  getting multiple heads to work right and then many more to
get GL and X to play well with each other without locking everything up.

So .. I am interested in helping and also understanding the design goals
in the short and long term for multi-pipe support that X.org has
targetted and also which areas can we contribute the most if we have a
solution or experience to offer.

Thanx

Shrijeet Mukherjee
MTS-Tech Lead, Advanced Graphics Products, SGI.
shm at sgi.com, 650 933 5312