Xgl server

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 11:27:03 PST 2004

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 01:03:05 +0100, David Reveman <c99drn at cs.umu.se> wrote:
> I've been doing some work to get an X server running on top of
> OpenGL/glitz and I've got something that works pretty well now. I stuck
> the code into the "xserver" tree and './configure --enable-xglserver'

Have you tried it on a fast ATI/NVidia driver, how's performance?
Did you use pbuffers?
What is an example of something that can't be accelerated?

I'm still working on mesa-solo. There is still a lot of work to do
there. Main problem is that mesa-solo relies on fbdev for mode suppot.
fbdev only supports one head so I'm in the process of adding second
head support to fbdev. I also need to merge fbdev and drm to make them
stop fighting over the hardware.  DRM is in pretty good shape now,
most of the work needed is in fbdev. All hardware drivers in mesa are
missing pbuffer support. If any one wants to help with this there is
plenty of work to do.

I would really like to see an XGL running on mesa-solo. It is Linux's
answer to Longhorn.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com