X performance problems with Matrox G550

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Thu Nov 4 03:17:34 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:07, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
> Perhaps using an external VGA->TV adapter (and hence connecting to
> CRTC1) would be advisable.

There are three reasons why I have not tried that so far:

i) mplayer with directfb manages to get full rate TV on CRTC2, so the
hardware must be capable

but more importantly,

ii) I believe that the BES (hardware acceleration) does not work when
interlaced mode is active on CRTC1 - back to square one

iii) I doubt the picture quality would be up to what the TV out can
produce when working properly

If I am wrong on (ii) and (iii) then I'll certainly give it a go!

Cheers,

Martin.