Debugging X.org drivers?

Kendall Bennett KendallB at scitechsoft.com
Tue Nov 2 08:41:38 PST 2004

Vladimir Dergachev <volodya at mindspring.com> wrote:

> The easy way is to create ~/.xinitrc and/or ~/.xsession that
> contain your preferred startup commands (for example startkde).

Ok.

> What probably happenned is that the following files
> /usr/X11/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession
> /usr/X11/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc
> got overwritten with defaults - these files are shell scripts that
> are executed when you login using xdm or startx respectively.

That makes sense, but how can I stop make install from replacing those
files? Ie: to upgrade the existing install?

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~