Problems getting developer access to the xorg cvs

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Mon Nov 1 16:05:18 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 11:15, Brian Paul wrote:
> When people want CVS-write access to Mesa on freedesktop.org I've been
> pointing them to Daniel Stone or Eric Anholt.  I don't know if they're
> the "gatekeepers" for the X tree too.

I would be happy to add X.Org developers (and I've added a few myself)
but for people whose work I don't know, I don't step forward, because
there's no clear direction as to who I should add.  If the X.Org board
could come up with some policy ("new committers have to be sponsored by
an existing committer, who will be responsible for making sure the new
committer follows our policies and commits responsibly" sounds like a
sensible improvement over our current system), that would be great.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org