[Xorg] xserver input

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 09:01:42 PDT 2004

Using the event interface supports running multiple X servers. The kernel has
all of the keyboards wired together for the VT interface. With the event
interface you can separate them. I would think that we would want one xserver
per logged in user instead of one server handling all users.

--- Egbert Eich <eich at suse.de> wrote:
> Eventually that should happen. We still would have to leave in the
> VT handling as we need to be able to support a wider range of kernels.
>
> However this is only one piece in the multi seat equasion as other parts
> of the code make this single user assumption, too.
>
> Egbert.

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at yahoo.com