[Xorg] Redraw problems on Matrox Mystique 220 ... [SOLVED]

Christian Hoenig me at christianhoenig.de
Thu May 27 15:41:50 PDT 2004

Hi,

> A quick thought... check the date and make sure the code wasn't
> contributed under the new XFree86 license, gotta watch out for that as
> this bug seems to have been introduced during the 4.4rc days...

Oh, you're right, I didn't think about that at all.

Though, out of curiosity, how can this case be handled? As the bugfix is a
real minor one (simply excluding the cards that do not have that problem with
the chip) there are not too many sollutions to fix it.
And as this fix obiously is the one that comes first to ones mind, what would
be the right way here? Completely rewriting mga_*? ;-)

How is this handled in x.org in general? Contributers are not allowed to look
at xfree code (like with most of the kernel stuff) ?

take care, have fun
/christian