[Xorg] Using 'radeon' _and_ 'ati-drivers' together

Christian Hoenig me at christianhoenig.de
Wed May 26 03:45:48 PDT 2004

Hi Michel,

first of all, thanks for your reply :-)

> > I will contact the ati-guys to get clarification concerning the bug using
> > xinerama with their driver (which in detail is that the mouse can be
> > moved (and seen) like it should, but the image behind the mouse on head 2
> > (i.e. the desktop) is only a clone of the image of head1).
>
> Sounds like it could be a configuration issue, is the second screen
> correctly configured to a different position than the first one?

Yes it is. (Though I'd hope it is not and that would be the problem,
then ;-)  )
[1] is my 'normal' config file (which I use with small changes since about 2
years). [2] is a file generated by fglrxconfig. If I omit "Option xinerama"
in [2] I get two nice xservers side by sides, but if I include that xinerama
option, I get the behaviour described above.
[3] is the log for config [2].

I tried setups which position using "LeftOf" and "RightOf" and I also tried
using "Absolute x y" without getting any difference.

I don't think that this is an placements issue, since the mouse behaves
excactly as expected.

take care, have fun
/christian
EDDK

[1] ftp://ftp.christianhoenig.de/pub/xorg.conf.radeon
[2] ftp://ftp.christianhoenig.de/pub/xorg.conf.fglrx.dualhead
[3] ftp://ftp.christianhoenig.de/pub/Xorg.1.log.old