[Xorg] Anon Ftp on freedesktop.org?

Leon Shiman leon at magic.shiman.com
Mon May 24 07:38:36 PDT 2004

on Mon, 24 May 2004 15:59:16 +0200 Egbert Eich wrote:

>Leon Shiman writes:
> >
> > X.Org has always maintained an anonymous ftp server at x.org. I see no
> > reason that couln't be used.
> >

>OK, thanks Leon.
>How is this server managed?

By TOG under contract to X.Org. Designated members can be given specific
management privileges.

>Would it be possible for people to get accounts and personal pub/people
>directories?

I think something like this can almost certainly be done. But can you please
clarify the functional requirements? This should also be passed by the
Foundation Board tomorrow. I will speak to the TOG X.Org representative
today.

>Are we using resources for that hosted at TOG? What is the state on the
>future of these resources?

In my opinion the future of the site looks good. The X.Org Sponsor Group, is
currently discussing this with TOG.

(but I cannot speak for any of these groups.)

Leon