[Xorg] really slow X performance with Radeon 7200

Anthony DiSante orders at nodivisions.com
Sun May 23 10:44:45 PDT 2004

thomas klein wrote:
> 80 reps @  60.3042 msec (    16.6/sec): ShmPutImage 500x500 square
> 80 reps @  58.5294 msec (    17.1/sec): ShmPutImage 500x500 square
> 80 reps @  62.0665 msec (    16.1/sec): ShmPutImage 500x500 square
>
> ati mach64, piii750 (laptop)
>
> fdo xserver.
>
> your perf seems good from my point of view ;)

Terrible.  That's about what I get when I use my geForce4 MX 440 (PCI)
instead of my Radeon 7200.

Also, I was having trouble with my tv tuner a few weeks ago, and mentioned
some of this on the v4l list.   In tvtime, I get ~20MB/s throughput to X
with the geForce, and ~100 with the Radeon.  The author of tvtime said
there's got to be a problem with my X, because those numbers should be over 200.

-Anthony
http://nodivisions.com/