[Xorg] dual head w/ geforce2 GO and nv driver

Alex Deucher agd5f at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 10:27:01 PDT 2004

--- arnaud <aundro at swing.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm the (not-so-happy) owner of a GeForce2 GO, and I recently tried
> make use of the dual-head.
> (I'm using the 'nv' driver for two reasons: Ethical and, more
> pragmatically, SBCL can't load correctly nvidia's libGL/glcore/...
> libs.)
>
> I noticed in the 'nv' manpage, concerning the "CrtcNumber" option,
> that
> only the "GeForce2 MX, nForce2, Quadro4, GeForce4, Quadro FX  and
> GeForce FX  may  have two video outputs."
>
> Is there a technical reason why the GeForce2 GO can't be used with
> the
> twin head? I could live w/o it until now, but if I can use it, well
> ..
> :)

It's not currently possible with the current nv driver.  I think there
may be enough information in the nv driver to add dualhead support
(shouldn't be too hard since I think there is code to set modes on both
crtcs, you just need to add the proper odds and ends to use them both
at the same time), it's just that no one has done it yet since nvidia
provides support for it in their binary driver.

Alex