[Xorg] troubles with xine after upgrade from XF4.3 to R6.7

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Tue May 18 14:29:40 PDT 2004

After upgrading to R6.7 I can't compile a working xine anymore.
It compiles, and even works with XShm driver, but with Xv. All I get then is a
dark blue window.

System: Slackware9.1/current, R6.7, X driver: fglrx (ATi closed src).
Some folks at #ati on freenode reported having this sort of trouble, too, and
made it go away by downgrading to XF4.3.
Might be due to ATis shoddy Xinerama support, XF4.3 on Slackware doesn't
provide libXinerama and it works so...

X problem, ATi problem, xine problem?

--

http://www.againsttcpa.com - nothing fights like the opposition