[Xorg] mouse freaks out

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon May 17 13:57:54 PDT 2004

Hmm... I also have been having mouse problems with 2.6 kernels. It does
have the feel of having lost synchronization with the mouse packet
frames. Most annoying behavior is the misinterpretation of button events
which causes all manner of undesirable UI interactions.

FWIW, I run with a KVM, at first I thought it was a KVM issue,
especially when switching nodes, but the same KVM with earlier kernels
and X servers never had a problem. Must be some type of kernel issue.
Rebooting (while leaving the KVM connected) does not seem to clear the
problem reliably, eventually it does.

It would be nice to get to the bottom of this problem, I haven't had the
cycles to investigate fully.

John