[Xorg] Reorganizing the xc/include directory

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon May 17 13:34:23 PDT 2004

Around 22 o'clock on May 17, Egbert Eich wrote:

> You mean renaming the tags form 'foo' to something like 'premod_foo'
> would be a disadvantage? After you have moved files I'd expect that
> you would only diff individual files to see what has changed. So I
> don't see the big disadvantage here.

Hmm.   I do run global diffs across major versions at times, and this
would break that.

But, I do like the idea of checking out an older version and not getting
duplicate files.

Again, I think the question is whether analysis of per-file historical
detail is more important than getting ancient versions checked out cleanly.

I think we've constructed two systems which can do both, but which prefer
one activity to the other.

I suppose it really doesn't matter a whole lot to me; as long as we can
get back to where we started if we need to...

-keith