[Xorg] Reorganizing the xc/include directory

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon May 17 11:31:23 PDT 2004

Around 20 o'clock on May 17, Egbert Eich wrote:

> Disadvantage you cannot do a cvs diff with an older tag. Maybe editing the
> tags so that they don't conflict with the old ones but have a simple enough
> relationship to the old ones may be a reasonable kludge.

I think that's a serious enough disadvantage that warrents considering
just copying the complete ,v files to the new location.  As long as the
build system for the old version can ignore the duplicate files, I think
that'll work just fine.

We could add a script to CVS that would remove the duplicate files from an
old repository so that people needing to ship a clean source tarball would
be able to create one.

I'm much more interested in making it easy to see how things have changed
than to make it easy to reproduce an older version of the system.

This also has the advantage of being much easier to manage during the
transition -- just copy the ,v files and start hacking on the branch.

-keith