[Xorg] Re: Damage/Composite + direct rendering clients

Alex Deucher agd5f at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 10:28:26 PDT 2004

http://www.botchco.com/alex/radeon/Xv/xv_gamma/radeon_video_gamma.diff

> > Alex
>
> Thanks, Alex, but how would this fit in with the Composite
> extension's notion of redirecting windows to offscreen storage?

I don't know.  I'm not really too familiar with how composite works
unfortunately.  On radeon my understanding is that the overlay will
blend with whatever is being displayed on the graphics layer (either
globally or per pixel).  So as long as you set the right overlay alpha
value it should just work without needing to composite to an offscreen
surface. In global or per pixel mode, you don't need to draw a
colorkey.  it will blend the video in whatever position you put it.
Global mode blends the graphics and video globally.  The per pixel mode
is probably what we would want, but it requires ARGB graphics.  the A
value is then used to set the graphics opacity or transparency.
r128, as I recall, only supports global mode. I think savage can do per
pixel, but I haven't tried it.

Alex