[Xorg] DocBook SGML/XML manual pages...

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed May 5 15:54:06 PDT 2004

Around 0 o'clock on May 6, Roland Mainz wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is already a way to handle Unix manual pages
> in DocBook/{SGML|XML} format ? There are now a couple of DocBook manual
> pages in the tree and I'd like to add more, but IMHO we need some
> official way to handle such stuff then...

I don't think there are imake rules to handle docbook files.  However, we
should start incorporating the autotool build files into the X.Org tree,
and we should certainly find a way to deal with docbook files in that
environment.

Egbert suggested that perhaps we might like to create a common set of
autotool macros for us to share across multiple modules; perhaps rules for
docbook would be a good candidate for inclusion in that module.

-keith