[Xorg] Commit mails

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Mon Mar 1 04:28:49 PST 2004

Alexander Gottwald writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I don't like the new style of commit messages. I wan't to keep
 > track what the other developers of Cygwin/X are commiting but
 > this is very difficult with the diff-less messages.
 >
 > What about sending the normal messages (those with the diff) to
 > another mailing list (xorg-commit-full) to allow people to
 > select the message type they want.

That could be done, however you should be able to generate the
diff with my script ~eich/scripts/diff_extract.sh which can
be used as an email filter in many mailers.
I'm was not overly happy with huge diffs filling up my mailbox
so I asked if we could change this and since oone objected I
went ahead and did it. If you want a separate mailing list we
can go ahead and set it up. I haven't done so as we have too
many lists already.

Egbert.