[Xorg] CVS warnings at commit...

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Wed Jun 30 20:24:46 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 08:48:21AM -0600, Brian Paul wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> >Convert the loginfo file to use new-style format strings, instead of
> >%{sVv}. I don't know what the new-style format strings are. All I know
> >%is that, yes, it's annoying as hell.
>
> Would somebody please update the mesa/CVSROOT/loginfo file for me?  I
> don't seem to have permission.

Of course you do - loginfo,v is 775. You don't edit the file directly,
you do cvs co CVSROOT from :ext:cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/mesa. You edit
loginfo there, and check it in. You'll also need to update checkoutlist.

> I think that whoever updated the CVS software should have updated the
> scripts too.

I updated cvs, to 1:1.12.9-1.1. Before that, it was myself who updated to
1:1.12.8-1.1, and 1:1.12.3-1.1. These were all security releases, and
there's something like eight compromises fixed.

I have no desire to maintain a forked copy of CVS (with old-style info
parsing) - having to apply a patch to shut pserver up on read-only mode
so clients don't get confused is bad enough.

I applied it to fix security issues; I do not know how to update the
info scripts (I know *how* to do so, but I don't know what to change it
to). Thus, I have no intention of doing so.

There are 324 repositories across 55 projects. My time spent on admin
stuff is already stretched beyond what I'd hope it would be; there's no
way I'm going through and updating all the CVS trees.

I know it sucks, and when I found out, I wanted to punch the physical
representation of CVS in the head. There's a reason I use tla for most
everything these days.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org