[Xorg] XCalibrate extension?

Joe Krahn krahn at niehs.nih.gov
Wed Jun 30 13:43:33 PDT 2004

What is the XCalibrate extension??

If it is intended to adjust input devices, then it should be
incorporated into XINPUT. We don't need another extension when
all that is needed is to 'finish' designing XINPUT, which
is an unfinished work in terms of device control.

If it's for adjusting screen resolutions, it seems like that
should be part of the RANDR extension.

Joe Krahn

Michael Frey wrote:
> I mean re-calibrate a touch screen.
>
> On Jun 30, 2004, at 3:17 PM, Ely Levy wrote:
>
>> calibrate?like Rander does?
>>
>> Ely Levy
>> System group
>> Hebrew University
>> Jerusalem Israel
>>

>> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Michael Frey wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an existing client application that makes use of the
>>> XCalibrate extension?
>>>
>>> If not how does one use this extension to re-calibrate on the fly?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Michael