[Xorg] debrix

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Tue Jun 29 15:14:00 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 04:23, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 13:06 +0200, Jakub Piotr Cłapa wrote:
> > Daniel Stone wrote:

> > Forgot about one - in
> > debrix/hw/xorg/os-support/shared/drm/kernel/drm.h there is an #include
> > of kernel config file. I'm pretty sure we should avoid this (and simply
> > removing this include semms to work... PLD has a patch for Xorg
> > monolitic tree that does no more than this and everything works fine).
>
> If this header file is indeed needed in userspace, the correct solution
> would be to wrap the kernel specific parts in
>
> #ifdef __KERNEL__
> #endif
>
> Not that this tree should build the DRM kernel modules at all (if the
> DRM code in the kernel is too old, get the current code from the DRI CVS
> drm module), but it might help merges.

This may be my lack of sleep, but the CONFIG_ usage seems to turn on
defines used only by userland, in the < XFree86 4.1.0 case.

Now, if I was in charge I'd say "let's not kid ourselves that we really
support compiling XFree86 < 4.1.0 with these headers" and axe it.  If
that's not an option, it also seems like those defines about DRM_PROC_*
and DRM_DEV_* could be just always enabled with a warning in a comment
above of "this is deprecated, don't use it."

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org