[Xorg] CVS warnings at commit...

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Tue Jun 29 08:16:08 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 05:11:58PM +0200, Roland Mainz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ----
>
> Does anyone know what is going wrong below:
> -- snip --
> cvs commit: warning: commitinfo line contains no format strings:
>     "/cvs/xorg/CVSROOT/commitcheck"
> Appending defaults (" %r/%p %s"), but please be aware that this usage is
> deprecated.
> cvs commit: warning: commitinfo line contains no format strings:
>     "/cvs/xorg/CVSROOT/commitcheck"
> Appending defaults (" %r/%p %s"), but please be aware that this usage is
> deprecated.
> /cvs/xorg/xc/ChangeLog,v  <--  ChangeLog
> new revision: 1.76; previous revision: 1.75
> cvs commit: Using deprecated info format strings.  Convert your scripts
> to use
> the new argument format and remove '1's from your info file format
> strings.
> /cvs/xorg/xc/extras/Mesa/src/mesa/main/imports.h,v  <--  imports.h
> new revision: 1.2; previous revision: 1.1
> cvs commit: Using deprecated info format strings.  Convert your scripts
> to use
> the new argument format and remove '1's from your info file format
> strings.
> Mailing the commit message to xorg-commit at pdx.freedesktop.org...
> -- snip --
>
> ... it seems the commit is working properly, but somehow I don't like
> the warnings above. Is there a way to get rid of them ?

Convert the loginfo file to use new-style format strings, instead of
%{sVv}. I don't know what the new-style format strings are. All I know
%is that, yes, it's annoying as hell.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org