[Xorg] Compiling from tarballs

DustyMugs dustymugs at skewedperception.com
Mon Jun 28 09:41:36 PDT 2004

Hi,

I couldn't find a more appropriate mailing list to ask this question,
but hopefully this place will do.

I got all 7 tarballs from x.org of the latest release and following the
instructions for building it.  But the build fails with ft2build.h file
or directory not found error.  So, i tried to fix it by installing a
build of freetype2.  Now, the error isn't ft2build.h but rather
ftheader.h is unable to be found.

Following the directions didn't help me.  Any help would be great.  I'm
currently running 2.4.26 with gcc 3.3.4.

Thanks,
Bborie Park