[Xorg] debrix

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Mon Jun 28 08:54:17 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 05:42:15PM +0200, Jakub Piotr C?apa wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> >Nope. I guess the code has always just relied on it being a module. Try
> >removing the two scanpci libraries from the Xorg linking in
> >hw/xorg/Makefile.am, and changing hw/xorg/scanpci/Makefile.am:
> >noinst_LIBRARIES = libscanpci.a libpcidata.a
> >libscanpci_a_SOURCES = foo
> >libpcidata_a_SOURCES = bar
> >--
> >to:
> >lib_LTLIBRARIES = libscanpci.la libpcidata.la
> >libscanpci_la_SOURCES = foo
> >libpcidata_la_SOURCES = bar
>
> Tried. Works either way. When compiled in I just disable the probing
> stuff from xf86pciBus.c lines 1712-1730 + remove it from the baseModules
> and it works.

Hm, cool.

> >Hrm. I have on idea without an extended look, and I have to start this
> >stupid pastry again.
>
> It would help if I knew how to get vgahw symbols exported. (and why
> these are).

If function foosym needs to be exported, you need to add:
SYMFUNC(foosym);
to hw/xorg/loader/xf86sym.c; if it's a variable:
SYMVAR(foosym);

> I'm leaving now and be back in several hours so no need to hurry. :)

I'm going to try the filo pastry. Again.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org