[Xorg] Japanese Keyboards

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Jun 25 04:36:02 PDT 2004

Hi

On cygwin we recently noticed problems with the Hiragana_Katakana and the
backslash/underscore key. The keyboard definition assigned these keys to
scancodes 208 and 211 but they were reported as 120 and 123. I've changed
the definition in keycode/xfree86 and would like to import that to the
CVS but I'm not sure if there was a change on linux which required the
definition to 208/211.

Could someone with a japanese keyboard (jp106) running Xorg on linux please
report which keycode xev reports for the Hiragana_Katakana and the backslash/
underscore key. xev has output similar to this

KeyRelease event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0x2800001,
    root 0x3b, subw 0x2800002, time 2006969830, (23,45), root:(180,145),
    state 0x0, keycode 38 (keysym 0x61, a), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 characters:  "a"

I'm especially interested in the value of keycode (38 in the example).

bye
	ago
 Alexander.Gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723