[Xorg] Mozilla tinderbox and bonsai

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Sun Jun 20 03:01:20 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 02:13, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 12:11:23PM +0300, Ely Levy wrote:
> > It seems we have a lot of things only 2-3 people knows about
> > beside compilation farm and bonzai is there anything else cool we want to
> > know about?;)
>
> * Debrix.
> * Arch.
> * Breakdancing.

I couldn't think of anything before, but was reminded tonight on irc.

cvsup!

cvsup lets you check out a branch of cvs, or lets you check out the
entire repository to your local system.  With the repository on your
system, you can practice those things that are easy to screw up, like
imports, and lets you check out other branches, cvs diff, or update -j
without hitting the network.  Plus it goes faster than a regular cvs
update.  It's set up already for xorg, xserver, xlibs, xapps, and dri,
at least (sample supfile attached).

Sure, it's not as great as ${YOUR_FAV_SCM}, but it's something that can
be used right now, in the current environment, to improve developers'
experiences, without having to go through the same argument about SCMs
that happens every 3 months and us coming to the same conclusion that
nobody can agree on what the best SCM is and that we'd alienate userbase
and/or new developers by using ${SCM_FEW_ALREADY_USE}.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org