[Xorg] Projects suggestions

Charles Goodwin charlie at vexi.org
Fri Jun 18 09:59:17 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 08:59 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> > 2)Forum
>
> And yet another large group of people find web forums much worse than mailing
> lists.  It's a rare website that I can get around to visiting on a regular
> basis - forums are just much harder to follow and participate in than a mailing
> list or newsgroup.  Perhaps that's just proof that we should have both (and
> perhaps a gateway between the two) so that users can pick the medium they prefer.

Forums are incredibly popular among users where they can dig into
existing discussions without getting the whole lot like you do on a
mailig list.  Do not discount them as an effective end-user support
process where users support users and developers get on with their job
on the mailing lists.  That is how forums typically work.

I don't think XOrg necessarily needs a forum.  Perhaps a freedesktop.org
forum would be better, and could be an interesting place indeed.
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie at vexi.org>
Online @ www.charlietech.com