[Xorg] Xfbdev acceleration.

Michael Frey mfrey at pepper.com
Wed Jun 16 08:06:42 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have been using Xfbdev from the XFree86 branch for some time.  I
added acceleration code to fbdev for an Epson chip I am using.  It
works great.
I want to move to the freedesktop.org Xfbdev server and I am having
trouble moving my blt code over.  I noticed that the new server uses
offscreen pixmaps for acceleration.

My video card does not have enough memory for offscreen pixmaps and
only has enough memory for the on-screen frame buffer.  If I fill out
in fbinit.c my functions for acceleration they never get called because
in fbdev.c
     screen->memory_size = 0;
     screen->off_screen_base = 0;

I tried changing the memory setting to be the memory size of my board
but with no luck.

Is there a way to enable acceleration without using offscreen pixmaps
the way the old kdrive used to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Frey