[Xorg] new kdrive patch for 32bpp support and hw composition

Damien Ciabrini braun at club-internet.fr
Sun Jun 13 10:37:03 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Following my previous posts, I've finally got time to do a new patch for
supporting the matrox g4xx cards into kdrive.

This patch adds a proper support for 32bpp modes. It also fixes a race
condition between the gfxcard and the processor that exists in the original
mga driver.

Like the old patch, it allows to do HW alpha blending. It benefits from the
two texture units of the g4xx.

I ran tests with the server in 32bpp with aewm, fdclock and xcompmgr.
Everything seems to work correctly.

Jaymz (Julian), maybe you could test this patch with your hardware ?

Also, I'd like to know if it would be possible to merge my patches into the
kdrive CVS ? I think it's desirable, since nobody seems to maintain this
driver anymore. I don't know whom I must ask for this ?

Regards,

Damien