[Xorg] DRI merging

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Sat Jun 12 21:49:07 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 19:07, Jon Smirl wrote:
> Why not help getting mesa-solo working so that we can move to X on top of
> OpenGL? Keithp is hard at work converting xserver to run on OpenGL. We already
> have the render engine on top of of OpenGL finished in the glitz project. All we
> are missing is pbuffer support in the mesa hw drivers and some support for
> multi-head mode setting. In the xserver on OpenGL model XAA disappears.
>
> --- Eric Anholt <eta at lclark.edu> wrote:
> > I'm working on the Render acceleration -- there were some conformance
> > issues in the ATI patch that I'm working on fixing, along with making it
> > more featureful.

As far as I understood, Mesa-solo required the linux framebuffer, which
I don't have.  I seriously don't want to be the one to start work on the
mode-setting library.  As far as pbuffers, once we've got the glue
necessray I'll fix up the SiS driver for it, which should be quick.  But
all of this will take time to be done, and they aren't areas I've
already worked in.  Render, now, I should be able to fix this patch up
in another day or maybe two, and make myself and normal users happy in
the short term.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org