[Xorg] DRI merging

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Sat Jun 12 07:44:43 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 23:17 -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> I would like to see a merge from DRI CVS to X.Org in the near future.
> Is there any opposition to this?

No opposition, but a concern: Where are we going to integrate the DRI
with the Composite extension, in the X.Org or DRI tree? I'd be in favour
of moving the DRI tree to a branch of the X.Org tree altogether, but I'd
like to hear what other people's current opinions are on this.

> Talking with daniels on irc, I understand there might be license
> concerns floating around.  DRI CVS hasn't had a merge from XFree86 since
> 4.3.99.12, which was before the license changes.

Yeah, I've always voiced my opinion against infecting the DRI tree with
the new XFree86 licence. I don't know about the X-Oz licence though.