[Xorg] Dynamic mouse accelaration

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Tue Jun 8 01:07:51 PDT 2004

Ely Levy writes:
 > The problem would start only if those drivers use each other,
 > GPL talk about derived work.

I'm not so sure about this and I really don't want to go down this avenue.
We already had more license discussions here than we can handle.

 > > Before we get into another License discussion I'd rather stay
 > > away from any GPLed driver code altogether. Besides the 2.6 Linux
 > OK,
 > if its a descion made by the majority I accept it,
 > The other option is reimplemanting it, who volunteer to it?:)

Always the one who asks? ;-)
I can give you the specs for synaptics.

 > > kernel contains a synaptics driver so for Linux users there is
 > > no real need to use this GPLed X driver.
 >
 > I don't think Xorg know how to use it?
 > or am I wrong?

We can use it as it emulates a an explorer ps/2 mouse. We don't have
a driver for natively interfacing to the kernel drivers yet. However
this interface would be generic, too. Your configuration would have to be
done in the driver itself.

Egbert.