[Xorg] mailing list account disabled (was Re: confirm 215b4259b04c8cd5a9016a5461e604a74f32805c)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Jun 7 09:27:59 PDT 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 xorg-request at freedesktop.org wrote:

> Your membership in the mailing list xorg has been disabled due to
> excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
> 07-Jun-2004.  You will not get any more messages from this list until

I have been receive emails fine.

I didn't receive any email indicating what was bounced.

But now looking at archives, I do see that some messages sent to the list
were probably viruses:

http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-June/000833.html
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-June/000834.html
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-June/000839.html
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-June/000867.html

And I do see that my mail filtering rejected these:

2004-06-03 09:16:06 slb5w at hotmail.com 1BVusv-0000tx-00 -- ZIP
2004-06-03 10:01:04 jpinfo at invitrogen.com 1BVvaR-0000wt-00 -- ZIP
2004-06-04 10:07:50 newsletter at zipzoomfly.com 1BWIAX-0002PH-00 -- ZIP
2004-06-03 12:50:44 xorg at freedesktop.org 1BVyEd-00018v-00 -- ZIP

Can we configure this mailing list to reject these zip files? Do any xorgs
developers need to use zip files to share code?

I'd prefer not being auto-unsubscribed.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/