[Xorg] Dynamic mouse accelaration

Ely Levy elylevy at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Jun 7 04:46:47 PDT 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Egbert Eich wrote:

> Ely Levy writes:
>  > http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/
>  > is a touchpad drivers which support the feature you wanted
>  > (if I understood right), you can look there for ideas,
>  > (notice that the code is GPL and Xorg people might not be happy
>  > to get it into the tree).
>  > which reminds me, is this driver going to be included in the next release
>  > of Xorg?
>
> No, if it is GPL this is unlikely.

What's so wrong with GPL?
I agree that we should keep the code clean from GPLed code,
but this is a seperate driver and there is no MIT/BSD licensed equalince
for it, Who it would hurt if it would be added?
There are other weird licenses in the code which are not as free
as MIT/BSD.

maybe it should be in a diffrent package, but then again maybe all other
weirdly licensed code should be in diffrent packages as well.

> Egbert.

Ely