[Xorg] Xserver CVS compile problem

Asterius Pandoras asterius at airpost.net
Fri Jun 4 17:37:33 PDT 2004

Hi list,
I'm having troubles to compile xserver. I have updated my automake
to the required version and when I am in root automake --version,
it reports higher proper version,but  when I'm  in Xproto directory, It
is the same old 1.5 version.Initially, I did try to compile with 1.5 ,
so probably the problem lies in some sort of a cache on my system? I also
tried to delete Xproto directory and recompile again, but fruitless.
i did set up WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.7.9. Any replies and suggestions on how to
fix this? Thanks in advance.

Asterius.

                          unladen european swallow