[Xorg] CVS HEAD -- ftfuncs.c:931: error: structure has no membernamed `find_sbit_image'

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Jul 30 07:58:00 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 04:04, Roland Mainz wrote:
> Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 20:49 -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > >
> > > "Things slow down (a lot) for some fonts when used as core fonts" is
> > > *far* better than "The build fails for almost all of our users."
> > > Simply saying, "Use 2.1.8 if you want fast CJKV core fonts" seems
> > > pretty simple to me.
> >
> > Seconded, FWIW.
>
> So you think it's acceptable to slap the users in asia into the face or
> what ? Those users get a font loading performance which is *NOT*
> acceptable if that code gets removed again.

No.  We tell them that sorry, the previous code mistakenly used private
interfaces for an optimization, and we had to stop.  If they want to use
the optimization, simply update their system freetype to 2.1.8 and
recompile and bam, everything works.    Remember, that's what you're
telling every single user to do as is, only most of them don't even get
an optimization out of the deal.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org