[Xorg] CVS HEAD -- ftfuncs.c:931: error: structure has no membernamed `find_sbit_image'

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Fri Jul 30 05:32:09 PDT 2004

Roland Mainz wrote:
> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 20:49 -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
>>
>>>"Things slow down (a lot) for some fonts when used as core fonts" is
>>>*far* better than "The build fails for almost all of our users."
>>>Simply saying, "Use 2.1.8 if you want fast CJKV core fonts" seems
>>>pretty simple to me.
>>
>>Seconded, FWIW.
>

> So you think it's acceptable to slap the users in asia into the face or
> what ? Those users get a font loading performance which is *NOT*
> acceptable if that code gets removed again.

I'd suggest to let imake detect the version of the installed Freetype,
and then disable the offending  code if the installed version is too old.

BTW, another problem seem to be that mozilla (and thunderbird) builds
fails against Freetype 2.1.9. I've seen that both using OpenBSD's ports
and gentoo's portage of mozilla 1.7.1 and thunderbird 0.7. Is there a
known workaround for that?

--
Matthieu Herrb