[Xorg] Differences between Xorg and Xserver

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Thu Jul 29 07:10:07 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 06:14, Amir Bukhari wrote:
> I noticed that both X implementations uses this mailing list. What the
> differences between them. Is Xserver the feature X Implementation for Xorg?

There is no software called XServer.  The XServer CVS/project hosts
experimental code.  It hosts the KDrive based X server, for example.
That software is *not* for end-users; it's for developers, testers, and
experimenters.

The Debrix project hosts the X server component of Xorg, if you are
looking for a stable X server that's pulled out of the monolithic X
build.

> We know NVIDIA Co has a kernel frame buffer for Linux, could we use it with
> Xfbdev with Xserver(not Xorg)?
>
> Amir Bukhari
> E-Mail: ufz6 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.