[Xorg] Next X.Org Foundation release plan

Ely Levy elylevy-xserver at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Jul 28 11:06:36 PDT 2004

Hey,
I see there is 12 days between beta and release?
Since there arent even home packagers it would preety much mean
not many people would get to test the release at all.
Talking on irc I got the impression some people think
release doesn't mean that the code is stable, I hope it's not the general
idea?

Wouldn't it make more sense to give it a bit more time?
Orginize the testers?get packagers?and then give normal users
2 weeks from the package release for major plaforms to test the package
and then release.

if we are not intending for the release to be stable maybe we should
make development branch like 6.8.x till it's stable and everyone is happy
and then release 6.9 this way we can release without hurting xorg's
reputation of being stable.

Ely Levy
System group
Hebrew University