[Xorg] Re: Extension Extension

Jens Owen jens at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Jul 26 08:10:08 PDT 2004

Jim Gettys wrote:

> 3) no way for extensions to come and go (think hotplug of screens,
>    coming at us; an extension may only apply to a given screen type,
>    for example).

at a more basic level, no way for an extension to exist on a per screen
basis.  For the DRI, we had to determine if any of the screens supported
direct rendering; and if they did, we loaded the extension for the
server.  Then an additional entry point was called to determine exactly
which screens really supported that feature.

--
                                /\
          Jens Owen            /  \/\ _