[Xorg] new comitter

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sun Jul 25 18:17:47 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 06:03:15PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 17:53, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Run one on freedesktop.org, which is Debian, somewhere in between
> > testing and unstable. That's a Linux platform, and a very
> > widely-deployed one at that. :)
>
> I'm really bothered by the number of services we have running on that
> box, without any jailing at all.  That's why I've been pushing to get
> the boxes elsewhere rather than just adding it to pdx.  The tinderbox is
> also a lot of load -- 24/7 world-building, and maybe builds going in
> parallel.

I'll see what I can do about getting the services of another box. ITMT,
something like UML is a very interesting idea. I am personally not
immensely disturbed by the idea, but yes, we could do to have some
jailing. And separation of machines.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org