[Xorg] [xlibs] libXp

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc at toya.net.pl
Thu Jul 15 01:37:15 PDT 2004

Roland Mainz wrote:
> Jakub Piotr C?apa wrote:
>
>>I've made an autotooling patch [1] for libXp. It's not ideal, probably
>>the automake autoadded files are just plain wrong but it works. :)
>>
>>Before you ask: xprint (from mozdev.org) does not provide any libs.
>
> Yup, the old Xprint tree (which means: The new repository for Xprint is
> now cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xorg itself, the
> cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xprint is no longer be used for real work) was
> only for the Xprint server since that was the part which was completely
> broken.
> The client-side extension library ("libXp.so") only had one bug in the
> thread support which we fixed long long ago (AFAIK that fix was even
> part of X11R6.7.0).

That's what I thought (there was an info about merging on the mozdev
page) but I also found a note in archives [1] which suggested that the
lib should be there too... (yes, it was outdated and not really true)

PS. Any comments about the autotools thing are welcome. Sadly, I've
never read this big fat manual about autotools and I'm only basing on
the other scripts I found here (in the xlibs and the debrix repo).

[1] http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xlibs/2004-April/000287.html

--
Regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa